One of my latest experiments has been in vacuum forming, mainly to produce scale bodies for my micro helicopters.
So far I have two projects underway:-
I will put up a few pages showing progress and some of the lessons that I have learned (and believe me there have been many!) while learning how to wrestle with red-hot sheets of plastic.
Iím currently mainly using High-Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) which has a good combination of cost-effectiveness and strength. It seems like 20 thou. is a good thickness for micro-helicopters, but I did some experiments with 10 thou for a lightweight body for the XRB and that came out at 14 g. That is very promising, but tricky to work, so Iím perfecting the plugs using the thicker grade first.